The Official Music of Kacee/Klayster


Land Gigs

Monday, January 14, 2013

"No more maybe's"

I watched her.  I watched from inside.  Peered from above.  And listened intently, because I knew something would protrude its way from under her staccato'd breathing.  But it didn't.  Maybe she never saw me.  Maybe the daze caught her for too long.  Took away her capabilities, just like it took mine.  I watched her.  She never moved.  Never.  Not once.  And I listened.  She said nothing.  I wondered when her actions would take place, but they didn't.  When those sharp pains subsided, she looked up, at me.  Still, nothing.  So, I watched, again.  Those once sharp pains, didn't seem like anything anymore.  The jabs were like clock work, and were persistent.  I wondered if she felt anything anymore.  Maybe she had disappeared . . . I wanted her to disappear -- from the outside, just as she did on the inside.  Maybe then my hovering would fall into one.  And she'd move.  Watch me.  Feel something.  Or maybe she knew how to control it.  That moment.  Those minutes, which went on for too long.  Or just maybe, as her daze sunk in deeper, she fell further.  And maybe she wondered too --  why my eyes were open and yet I never saw it happening.  Because if I did, why didn't I catch her?

~Kyra C.

No comments:

Post a Comment